Saturday, November 22, 2008

My art class

Today I'm sitting in art history class, the sear boredom that ensues. I have little better to do in this than edit this bloggy---OK I did make that word up---thing. We are talking about how much the 1950s suck and pop art comes from that. Well of course the 50s sucked, everyone knows that the idealized thing the Republican Party strives toward doesn't exist. I don't need Fonda telling me these things, I don't need Leonard Cohen telling me these things, or, the IPU forbid, Tori Amos singing a Leonard Cohen.
Of the actual visual artists we've talked about today a full 60% killed themselves. 60% of the people are dead by there own hand because there lives sucked so much living phony false façades--- Come on, can I spell a word the correct way, Firefox?---of a life. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, I guess my point I can see why people kill themselves and it can make some people more interesting. Here is where I differ from one of my foremost idols, Tomas Kalnoky. I won't explain who that is to anyone, you are all intelligent enough to use Goggle or Wiki.
Beyond the basic just state and place, I think I should clarify my other two posts. The first one, about skanking, in the first paper there is a line about me skanking everywhere. The other is about how my bitterness isn't as long lasting as it may seem. I clearly got those across in very poor ways but, I don't really care the writing of them, much like the writing of the is cathartic.
Oh that video I alluded to I just learned how to stream so I guess I'll put it in this one.



I hope that works. Byes for today!

3 comments:

*Acissej* said...

Well, I did not understand your first 2 blogs at all. Your 3rd one made sense but I was still a little lost. I am not sure why you say those are sad pandas. I watched the video and only a few of them looked sad. I thought most of them looked like they were having fun and were pretty happy. A lot of them looked like they had smiles on their faces. I hope that you are not a sad panda. I hope that you can be a happy panda and have a lot of fun. No one likes to be sad.

¿ʎǝsɐɔ said...

Well they are clearly sad because it is set to Gary Jules "Mad World." If you don't get the heavy Donnie Darko reference you can't be helped.

ChewingOnMirrors said...

Put on a happy panda mask, Casey? and everything will be just fine.

Just out of curiosity, why are you wearing that silly man suit?